THE GRAND is intended for the shot gunner who requires accurate, precision shotshells for hunting or trap and skeet. The operator merely has to start a hull at station 1 and insert a wad in the wad guide at station 4. All other functions are performed automatically by THE GRAND. Once in full operation, a loaded shotshell is dispensed each time the handle is cycled through the full down and up strokes. The case activated Powder System means no hull, no powder dropped and therefore no spillage, and there is no need to manually turn the powder on and off. Because the powder charging station is at the front of the press, it is easy to view the powder charge and convenient to remove the powder-charged hull for weighing the powder charge, if deemed necessary. The Powder System provides three positions for the Powder Measure: "ON", "OFF", and "EMPTY". To completely empty the powder hopper, attach the drain tube and turn the powder measure to "EMPTY". The powder will then drop back into the powder can at the bottom of the drain tube. The Powder Bushings easily interchange in about 30 seconds. Powder Bushings are available for all popular loads. Hornady Powder Bushings may also be used in THE GRAND charge bar. The capacity of the Powder Hopper is 1 lb. of your favorite powder.The Shot System is also case activated. Again, no hull at a time no shot and best of all, no spillage. You never need to continually turn the shot measure "ON" or "OFF". The shot system is easily drained. Merely attach the drain tube below the shot measure. Shift the Shot Measure to "EMPTY". Shot then falls back in the shot bag or container. It's that quick and simple, plus no lead shot on the floor!
- The Massive Frame is constructed of high grade aluminum casting that's tied together with steel rods and links. The 1.5" diameter ram is joined to the famous RCBS Compound Leverage System for a smooth, solid, effortless feel. The large openings in the frame give easy access to all of the 8 stations.
- Universal Case Holders for easy removal or insertion of hulls at all stations. Allows sizing of the metal portion of the hull down to the rim.
- The Auto Indexing System is very simple, yet very reliable. It's easily removable for those who prefer manual indexing - pull the pin and the unit slips out in one piece!
- Steel Sizer Ring provides complete resizing of high and low base hulls - a feature not found on most other shotshell presses.
- The Tilt-Out Wad Guide is spring-loaded for easy, convenient feeding of wads. The Wad Guide is designed for use with Federal or your favorite brand of wads.
- Priming System feeds one primer at a time and is extremely reliable: no double - stacked primers, no overturned primers and no skipped primers.
- Powder System is no hull, no powder dropped and therefore no spillage. The powder system also provides three positions for the Powder Measure, "ON", "OFF", and "EMPTY".
- Shot System is case activated, which means no hull, no shot and best of all, no spillage. The Shot Hopper has a capacity of 25 lbs. of shot.